20 hours per week, term time only (days and hours per day to be negotiated)
Position is based at the Homai Campus, Manurewa, Auckland
We are seeking a skilled administrator to support senior staff in the Assessment & Teaching Service of BLENNZ. Support to other senior staff within BLENNZ may also be required.
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to liaise clearly and confidently with the BLENNZ community, schools and other agencies.
- Very competent computing skills, with a willingness to learn new systems as required.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, including working with staff who are based off site throughout the country.
Continue Reading →
Figure 1 – Emil Secker who is moving to Auckland to attend Kickstart
BLENNZ Nelson farewells Emil Secker as he moves to Auckland to participate in the Kickstart Programme in 2015. Emil came onto the Nelson roll as a pre-schooler and has been a real success story.
He has been an enthusiastic user of technology throughout his schooling and has achieved NCEA Level Three. He has developed into a very resilient, empathetic and upbeat guy with a great love of life. Continue Reading →
Figure 1 – Lukas undergoing a Functional Vision Assessment
In March 2014 we had a visit from the National Assessment Service (NAS). They used rooms at the Forsyth Barr stadium and over the course of three days 16 children were assessed by a variety of specialists.
The visit was valuable as it:
- Made assessment much easier for children with health issues and families with work committments.
- Allowed families to mix and mingle whilst waiting for their assessments so parents and whanau could have valuable discussions around their child and share their stories.
- Provided valuable information for us around the children being assessed and an ability to have discussions around ways forward ‘on the spot’.
- Connected local MoE Special Education therapists with NAS therapists.
- Reinforced that we are a National Service and not specifically based in Auckland.
Continue Reading →